What Is RI MOM?
Who should come to RI MOM?
You can be a RI MOM patient if:
- You do not have enough money to pay for dental care.
- You do not have a regular dentist.
- Personal identification/documentation NOT required.
- Children from 12 to 18 years old MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- There is no childcare or supervision at RI MOM.
What to expect:
- No appointments.
- Patients are seen on a first come, first served basis.
- The number of patients seen will be limited to the clinic capacity.
Use the links below to find low-cost dental clinics:
The RI Mission of Mercy (RI MOM) is a two-day dental clinic where treatment is
provided at no cost for individuals who are uninsured or underinsured, or anyone who cannot otherwise afford dental care. Due to the numbers of patients seen at
RI MOM, we will not be able to treat every dental problem you may have.
When is the RI MOM?
RIMOM 2020 canceled
RIMOM 2021 TBD
Where is the RI MOM?
Providence Community Health Center Dental Clinic
335R Prairie Avenue
Providence, RI 02905
What to Bring
- Please bring a list of all your current medications. On the day of the clinic,
please be sure to take your medications according to your prescriptions.
- Due to possible extended wait times, it is advisable to bring something to
help you pass the time such as reading material, knitting, or crossword puzzles.
A Typical Day for RI MOM patients
Although it is our goal to be efficient with service delivery, please be prepared to
spend the majority of your day with us. We understand that it is a long time to wait and our only request is for your patience. Ultimately we hope to serve as
many patients as possible within the two-day period.
Interpreters will be available to assist non-English speaking patients.
Breakfast, lunch & snacks will be provided for patients at no cost.
The Normal Process That a Patient Goes Through for Care is as Follows:
- Patient arrival
- Patient registration
- Medical Triage (health history review)
- Dental Triage (dental screening to determine treatment)
- Move to assigned waiting room
- X-rays if needed
- Dental treatment
- Patient checkout
The Dental Services Provided at RI MOM Include:
- Oral Health Instructions
- Root canal treatment on front teeth only
- Tooth extractions
- Small denture repairs
- A limited number of partial dentures to replace missing front teeth
PLEASE NOTE: All denture services are on Saturday only. You will receive an appointment for fitting on Sunday. Please be prepared to be at the clinic both days.
RI MOM Will NOT Provide These Services:
- Root canals on back (molar) teeth
- Extractions of impacted wisdom teeth
- Full dentures
- Caps (crowns)
- Tooth whitening
Your health is very important to us. Certain medical conditions may exclude you from receiving dental treatment at the RI MOM.
Medical professionals will evaluate your health to make sure you can receive dental treatment safely.